Tonight's Poet Corner: Introspection

So. Here we are on another Friday. Three more weeks left of school. One more week before my wife and I have been dating for seven years. A month and three days before my twenty-ninth birthday.

Guys. I am exhausted.

But I had a fun day today! I got to have fun with my students, help them out with their argumentative essays, play some fun music (Thanks, Commodores and Talking Heads!), and overall be jokey and fun with that. I love it when I can just be the fun teacher in my job, instead of always the strict and annoyed teacher.

It was also National Pizza Party Day, so Arden and I bought grocery store pizza and celebrated. Because...you know...stuff in the United States sucks right now, and pizza is a temporary fix to our lingering problems. Thanks, Orange Man.

I also loved being able to give an online friend advice on writing, while simultaneously cutting people down for being self-entitled snots. What can I say? I speak my mind a lot. And I try to help in any way I can - even if it means reprimanding people instead of pumping them up.

Anyway, tomorrow is the color run for the high school I work at, and I'm gonna throw colored powder at teenagers as they race down the school track.

Yeah, I know that sounds weird out of context. But it should be fun!

In the meantime, I have papers to grade, personal writing to do, poetry dictation to catch up on, and plenty of zzzz's to snag before Monday comes again.

I hope you all had a fun, engaging week. And I hope you are still active in your communities. Especially after what happened in Santa Fe, Texas today. Seriously, I refuse to accept school shootings as the new norm.

Be healthy. Be happy. Be a goddamn warrior.

Have a great night and a great weekend, everyone.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Freeform Friday: RSD

Today's OneWord: Statues