Tonight's Poet Corner: Introspection

This week was the first week in which I didn't have to go to work in a long time. Last week was my yearbook camp, and the week before that was summer school. And of course, I'm fretting about money and all the fun stuff that comes with being a teacher.

I guess I got some personal stuff done in the meantime, though honestly, I didn't do too much. Still, there are some few things on the horizon:

1. I finished Episode 6 of Season 2 of my series, Goza, so I'm more than halfway through the second season now.
2. I'm actually going to be part of a 48 hour film project in mid-August with some old high school friends of mine, in both an acting and cowriting capacity. It's super exciting to me, since I remember writing in an introspection a few weeks ago how much I missed performing. So maybe I can accomplish all my New Year's resolutions for 2018 after all!
3. I took an Irish song and rewrote its English translation so that the lyrics rhymed. That was fun, I guess.
4. So I do a nerdy podcast from time to time with friends, and tonight was a three hour recording marathon, in which we also reviewed wines. So I'm actually kind of mentally drained (big shocker there), but I had a blast.

This weekend, and every weekend until I start work again, I'm busy doing something. Tomorrow, I'll be seeing Tig Notaro with my mom and wife, and this Sunday, we'll be celebrating my mom's birthday belatedly in my hometown. The weekend after that is my cousin David's wedding, and I'll be flying into Seattle with the wifey for that, staying until Tuesday the 7th. The weekend after that is the 48 hour film project, and the weekend after that, I'm visiting my in-laws and seeing them perform in Cyrano DeBergerac. 

So I am booked solid, which makes me kind of glad I have time on the weekdays. I've been walking downtown more often, exploring the shops and hanging out at the pier and getting some fresh air. I've been trying to exercise more, even though my diet fluctuates in terms of healthful vs. unhealthful. I've been singing more, picking up my guitar more, playing video games more (Mario Party 3, people!). I'm pretty content, despite the craziness in my life and the utter insanity in the really real world.

So I hope you're all content as well.

Have a great night and a great weekend, everyone.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Freeform Friday: RSD