Tonight's Poet Corner: Ticking Clock

Ticking Clock
by Belinda Roddie

I've only got seven minutes
to tell you how much I want
to kiss your scars until they
light up like fireworks across
your constellation skin

Seven minutes
to remind you that we are not
immortal, and we are not
prepared for the onslaught
of mutiny aboard this metaphorical
ship to safe haven

Seven minutes
to insist that I am
the only one for you
and you
are the only one for me
and by the time I finish

this diatribe, we only have
six minutes
until the waves are tall enough
to consume metropoli
and they are strong enough
to wipe smiles off our faces
and kisses off our lips
and tattoos off our backs

We are swept
into borderline chaos
but it is only borderline
because we still believe
deep down
that there is a way out
with five minutes to spare

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Freeform Friday: RSD