Tonight's Poet Corner: Introspection

Wow. Um. Yeah. So. That was one Hell of a first week back at school.

I honestly don't even know where to start. It's been mostly good; it's even been great, honestly.

First of all, I got to go the premiere of the film I was a part of, both cowriting its script and costarring in it. That was super fun, and I got to spend time with some amazing artists, actors, and filmmakers. I am so grateful to have such an opportunity to return to acting and participating in such an intense project - and I even got a few people's cards out of it after they saw my real estate agent role!

As for my actual work, my classes are all pretty damn manageable - some chatty, a few students who definitely need extra support educationally and emotionally - but all really good kids. Don't get me wrong: I liked my classes last year, but some of the students were really tough to manage. The sophomores I have now seem really down-to-earth, with good senses of humor and a flexible mindset. And some of them appear to be shocked that I'm a teacher who wants to listen to them if they need to talk to me about anything.

My Yearbook staff's pretty awesome, too! We've already started taking pictures, discussing the book's theme, and setting up our classroom and new studio. The first draft of the ladder's ready to go, and next week, we'll be focusing on photography before jumping more into eDesign and starting pages. I think we have a great team this year, and while I do want to get as much done as possible before the first deadline, I know it's only been one week since we started. Even though, honestly, it's already felt like so much longer (not in a bad way! It's like I've never left).

Apparently, I'm well-liked and respected at the school now. Old students are visiting me and saying hello. I'm getting to know new faces, both students and faculty. Tonight, I got to really enjoy myself at a football game, helping my photographers out. It was also nice to see some good friends and act like teenagers again, playing miniature golf and arcade games. Sure, I was exhausted by 10:30 PM and my feet hurt like crazy, but it was a fun, busy day.

Tomorrow, I'll get to catch up with a good friend of mine in the town I used to live in, but I also get to relax. I have some reading and writing to do - I've been adapting another short story of mine into a short screenplay - but I'm glad this first week went well enough so I don't have to get all anxious all the time.

It's a good feeling. I feel good. I think I've done well.

Let's hope this school year is seriously awesome all the way through.

Have a great night and a great weekend, everyone.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Freeform Friday: RSD

Today's OneWord: Statues