Tonight's Poet Corner: Introspection

This week was an interesting one. Not in a bad way, no - quite good, in fact.

First of all, our new cat, Binx, is adjusting very well to his new home. He's sweet, social, and even chatty at times. I sincerely hope we don't traumatize him by taking him to the vet tomorrow, and we will be out of town for about 24 hours (two of my students are checking in on him), so I'm being a worried cat mom. Breathe in and out, Belinda. He's gonna be fine.

Secondly, work's been good, and I've been adjusting to the fact that I'm not coming back next year. My students are pretty upset that I've leaving the school, but they all understand why. My English classes have been fun, and being able to hold the physical copy of the last yearbook I helped make was cathartic. Yep - two yearbooks are enough for me.

Finally, today was the eighth anniversary of Arden's and my first date, as well as the fifth anniversary of my proposal to her. So we went out for sushi, grabbed some sake, got into comfy clothes at home, and watched Season 3 of Nailed It! It was a good night.

Now, I'm debating something, and my small handful of lovely readers, I may need your feedback: oneword™, the website, has continued to be incredibly sporadic and unreliable with its updates. This does sadden me, as I love the site want to keep contributing to it. But as it stands now, I need something new. I already have a 365 day plan for next year, but to wrap up 2019, I'm wondering what I should do for my daily post in lieu of a regular oneword™ prompt. Anyone have any ideas? I'd love to hear them.

Phew, starting to fade. Vet trip tomorrow; Arden's got the baking itch, so we might try making a cake. Sunday, we'll be going to a party in Arden's former hometown and seeing her parents, so that should be a nice reprieve. The fact that she's working from home again now also means our schedules are more flexible.

Two more weeks at this high school. Then the real fun and work of summer can begin.

Have a great night and a great weekend, everyone!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Freeform Friday: RSD

Today's OneWord: Statues