Tonight's Poet Corner: Gaming Gone Too Far

Gaming Gone Too Far
by Belinda Roddie

Tell me, sir - are you a medic,
or a bruiser, or a werewolf,
or a crusader, or a tank? Can you
smite the devils living in my ears,
my eyes, and my nostrils, where
they give me tinnitis
and cause me tears
and make me snore
so my poor wife can't sleep?

How many margaritas
and glasses of rosé
must I drink before the prisoners
of war are freed? Or the punishers
are released from their shrines?
Or the dragon knight destroys
another keep, belching flame
from the spicy burrito he ate
while biding his time?

Meet me at your camp,
and I shall bring my sword
collection. Some of it is sharp,
though none of it is durable.
Seeing all your ranks ready
for battle provides hope,
despite the cackling in my ears
and the brimstone making me sneeze.
I'll need you to get me armor;
in exchange, I'll give you faith.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Freeform Friday: RSD

Today's OneWord: Statues