Tonight's Poet Corner: You're My World, Bitch

You're My World, Bitch
by Belinda Roddie

Let's get real: you spoonfeed me
vinegar; I find sweetness in it like
it's a poor man's honey. I get just right
under your skin as if a parasite
burrowed its way into your sad excuse
for an epidermis.

How about this: I kiss you to show you
all the ways I care; you proceed to
lick my nose for the same reason. Hope
the sweaty tastes good, you brat, like
the goddamn ocean during the worst
heat wave of the year.

Because I adore you and all your
pettiness, all your silly bullshit and
namecalling. I know none of it is
all that serious; if it were, I'd be halfway
to San Francisco's Chinatown with a single
suitcase and no fucking idea where to go.

Once I get the acid down my throat,
I'll let you sample something more
saccharine. Bring it on, asshole,
darling, light of my life. I'll let
you glow like a motherfucking
red street lamp in Amsterdam.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Freeform Friday: RSD

Today's OneWord: Statues