Tonight's Poet Corner: Over 50,000

Over 50,000
by Belinda Roddie

Over 50,000 words I've carved you
into a wooden salad bowl. See how tiny
every consonant is, while every vowel
stretches its maw, jaw so pronounced
and mouth so wide that you could stick
a whole new different story inside.

50,000 pins stuck into a cushion, red as
life itself, that now sits on your extra desk,
where you pretend to sew yourself anew.
I hope you find the syllables appealing,
each rhythm concealing something demonstrably
revealing about your sad and sloppy S.O.

And now you've read the sentences, and dear,
how pale you've grown! I promise it's all
fiction, truly, and our real life is more than
ideal. Let me kiss you twice to calm your fears,
then three more times to sate you. I look
forward to the next saga where shadows
of my past pretend to date you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Freeform Friday: RSD

Today's OneWord: Statues