Saturday's Storyteller: "I prefer chocolate bonbons."

by Belinda Roddie

"I prefer chocolate bonbons."

"...What."

"I. Prefer. Chocolate bonbons."

"...Are you kidding me?"

"No?"

"Hon, you have never told me you prefer 'bonbons' before."

"Well...I do."

"But I've gotten you bordeauxs for ages."

"I know."

"And buttercreams."

"I know."

"And butterscotch schnapps, and chocolate-covered biscuits. And patties. Peanut butter patties."

"Yeah."

"Your favorite."

"..."

"You told me it was your favorite, John."

"..."

"..."

"..."

"..."

"...I may have been drunk when you said that."

"What."

"I'm sorry. I may have been drunk."

"Are you fucking shitting me."

"I'm sorry! I may have been drunk!"

"Is that the way it is, dude? Me second guessing everything?"

"Wha - ?"

"Because you may be fucking sloshed, bro?!"

"I...Aaron, I didn't mean..."

"You have never told me you prefer bonbons, John. Ever."

"Aaron..."

"What else have you never told me, huh?"

"Dude. You're drunk."

"Fuck off."

"Aaron."

"What else have you never told me, John?!"

"I...I don't..."

"Is there something else, John?!"

"Aaron."

"Is there something else you've oh-so-fucking-conveniently never told me, dude?!"

"...Aaron."

"..."

"...It's just chocolate, sweetie."

"...The hell it is."

"Aaron."

"The hell it's just chocolate, John."

"Aaron, I'm sorry."

"The hell it's just chocolate, John. You say that now, I don't believe you, bro."

"It was just - "

"It's not just anything, dude! Bonbons. You prefer bonbons. You never told me. You never told me dick, dude."

"Can we just pretend this never happened?"

"No."

"Please?"

"No."

"Aaron!"

"NO! I will not pretend, damn it! I will not pretend this didn't happen. I will not pretend you hid something from me. And I will not pretend this doesn't change things, dude!"

"...You're not calling me hon."

"..."

"Aaron. You stopped calling me hon."

"..."

"Aaron. You need to go to bed."

"Fuck off."

"You've been drinking. More than I have, funnily enough. You've gone through all the rum we have in the house, babe. Go to bed. Sleep. Please."

"Fuck you, John."

"...What?"

"Fuck. You. John."

"...I..."

"I'm going out. I'm going to Rick's."

"...Aaron..."

"Fuck. You. And your bonbons, HON."

"..."

"..."

"..."

"..."

"..."

"..."

"...Happy Valentine's Day, Aaron..."

This week's prompt was provided by Arden Roddie.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Freeform Friday: RSD

Today's OneWord: Statues