Tonight's Poet Corner: Introspection

The school year is almost over. Wow. And it's been crazy.

There's a lot I want to talk about when it comes to my job and school, but I can't. Definitely hit me up on a video call if you want to both drink and spill tea.

I am just super proud of my students for enduring this situation. It is not fun. It is not pleasant. It is far from ideal. And I'm going to get all of them to pass - that's my mission.

Being able to perform, sing, and hear my writing come to life has been such a blessing. For the first time, the twinsie and I are collaborating on a full length play together. We are pulling things from older work and transforming it into something really fun and special. Thank you, Jocelyn, for this amazing collaboration. I love you so much.

The world is in pain. There is so much cruelty and corruption. It takes every fiber of my being to push forward, every day. Even with all my privilege, I feel so damn tired all the time. But I have to keep moving. I am working to become a better friend, a better creator, a better activist, and a better wife.

My family and loved ones keep my strength up, and I am so grateful.

June approaches. That means Pride. That means warmth. That means my birthday(!!!). And it means freedom and love.

Freedom for now. Love forever.

Have a great night and a great weekend, everyone.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Freeform Friday: RSD

Today's OneWord: Statues