Tonight's Poet Corner: Introspection

This week was Teacher Appreciation Week.

When you're a high school teacher, you don't really get a lot of gifts or outward thanks from most of your students. It's not that they're not thankful; it's just that, unlike elementary schoolers, they're not being constantly reminded of it anymore. And that's fine. I'm not teaching to receive accolades; I'm teaching to make a difference and help students learn in a safe, open, and creative environment.

I did get some very nice emails from a couple of my students, though! Names blotted out for privacy's sake.

This student sent this email out to all his teachers, which is nice.

This one was just sent out to me. :)

In this crazy timeline, these little messages and comments mean the world to me. They're worth more than gold. Because I want to make sure that my students, despite all the chaos of the universe they live, get a steady hand guiding them through their education and providing them with engaging and relevant lessons and curricula.

Apart from that, I started off great with the squat exercises and once again gave myself edema in my legs from overworking. Why do I keep doing this to myself?

But I'm looking forward to celebrating Mother's Day with the best mom ever!

Oh, and I got to play Don Pedro in my online theater company's reading of Much Ado About Nothing. That was pretty fun.

And that's it! Yay.

Have a great night and a great weekend, everyone.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Freeform Friday: RSD

Today's OneWord: Statues