Tonight's Poet Corner: Introspection

Wow. Wow. A lot has happened in the past week.

To begin, I have been working to promote and donate to funds to support the protests against the murder of George Floyd and to support the Black Lives Matter movement. If you're a Facebook friend of mine, please look at my Timeline for those links and pages.

Today was also the last class of the semester. I got to host a final Zoom call with each of my classes, and I was happy to see my students. I will miss them dearly, and I wish I could have had more time to work with them in person and on campus. They have learned valuable skills during this pandemic, and I'm so grateful to have supported them and helped them in their education.

Tonight, OK Zoomer did a reading of These Shining Lives, based on the historical radium girls. I'm not gonna lie: I cried while reading my character's last monologue. It is such a beautiful play, and Melanie Marnich did an incredible job on it. Seriously, you can read it here. Do it. I implore you.

And also tonight, I got to celebrate my buddy José's thirty-second birthday! If you're new to my blog, I wrote an ode to this dude, which I called a brode 'cause he's my bro. José is such an awesome guy and friend, and I got to surprise him by getting a bunch of our mutual friends together in a Zoom call. Much fun had by all.

So now what? The summer's ahead of me. There's still a pandemic to deal with, and now we're facing police brutality and systemic racism head on. Meanwhile, I have quite a few projects to work on. I have a new play I'm writing, as well as another play I'm collaborating on with my twin sister. I want to see if I can read three books by the end of the summer (wish me luck). I have no idea what the fall will look like, but I'm eager to continue working at the same school and becoming a stronger part of the faculty. I'm now the official sponsor of No Place For Hate and the Gender Sexuality Alliance (GSA) on campus, so I've got my work cut out for me.

I send all my love and solidarity to those who need it. Black lives matter. ACAB. You know the drill.

Have a great night and a great week, everyone.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Freeform Friday: RSD

Today's OneWord: Statues