Tonight's Poet Corner: Introspection

As I get closer to starting up the school year with full distance learning, I still love how I can enjoy theater and return to acting in some form.

I've been able to play roles I never thought I'd be able to play, and I've made amazing friends.

I love having a space to discuss drama, writing, storytelling, and my own life saga. I love being able to discuss LGBTQ+ issues with fellow members of my community. I've needed that for so long. Remember, I was the only openly gay teacher at the last high school I taught at. Having artists and teachers around me who are also queer is a big deal.

People will try to hush me because they don't want to hear what I have to say. Heck, even people I thought were friends have done that. But for years now, I have always been unapologetically me. And that's not gonna change.

Next week, I'll be returning to work via video call to do some PDs. Welcome to the new age, people.

Have a great night and a great weekend, everyone.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Freeform Friday: RSD

Today's OneWord: Statues