Tonight's Poet Corner: Introspection

The toughest thing for me right now is balance. Shocking, I know.

Making new friends, creating content and characters, cosplaying, running a theatre company, and teaching? It's a lot. It means that my regular creative writing isn't exactly top priority. It feels weird to constantly post these things late and change the dates and times later. Yep, I'm sneaky like that.

I'm trying really hard to figure out what exactly I need to be doing and what I enjoy doing right now. I guess I've always liked keeping busy. It curbs anxiety, allows me to socialize, gives me opportunities to try new things and improve in regards to other stuff...all that. And yet, I still get mad at myself for allegedly "not doing enough."

I dunno. It's a lot to digest. And I don't have a lot of energy to write about it.

But hey, I might be getting vaccinated in May. We'll see. This plague has lingered long enough. Meanwhile, I do wonder if I'll focus on writing another long-term project. My November novel from two years ago is still incomplete. I started a play and haven't touched it in well over a month. I'm having a hard time chewing whatever I've bitten off, okay?

Deep breaths. Lots of tea. Hydration and good food. Creativity in moderation. Balance. A nearly insurmountable goal.

Let's do this.

Holy shit, it's already almost February, and the GOP is a group of enabling wannabe fascists.

Have a great night and a great weekend, everyone.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Freeform Friday: RSD