Tonight's Poet Corner: Introspection

I've been back teaching on campus for two weeks, and it's already felt like two months.

Don't get me wrong - I'm so glad to be back. I love my students, and I love being able to socialize again. But I am seriously not used to it, and I am tired constantly.

It also doesn't help that every time my allergies act up due to the smoky haze that is California, I think I have COVID. I'm planning on getting tested on Monday no matter what. Not taking any chances, no matter how small they may be, in regards to a potential breakthrough infection.

I'm planning on a super relaxing weekend where it's okay for me to do nearly absolutely nothing. I'm very grateful to have that rest time, as I know many others don't.

In writing news, getting to model poetry to my students is always a blast. Today, however, I was called a show-off by one of my students for writing three poems while they were tasked with writing one. Not a show-off, just...a person with a lot of experience in the field? Who loves writing?

Anyway. Have a great night and a great weekend, everyone. Here's a picture of a monarch butterfly. They're almost extinct. Plant milkweed.

Okay, bye.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Freeform Friday: RSD

Today's OneWord: Statues