Saturday's Storyteller: "‎Hey, wasn't there a dingo in here a minute ago?"

by Belinda Roddie

‎"Hey, wasn't there a dingo in here a minute ago?"

"No."

"I could've sworn there was a dingo. It looked like a dingo. It had pointy ears and big teeth."

"John, go back to bed."

"I'm serious. Or maybe it was a hyena. Aaron, do you know what hyenas look like compared to dingos?"

"Go to bed."

"You're not answering my question."

"I don't have an answer."

"..."

"..."

"..."

"...No. I don't know what hyenas look like compared to dingos."

"Well, you're no help."

"John, can you please just go back to sleep?"

"Not now. There's a mystery to be solved."

"What mystery?"

"The mystery of the dingo I just saw."

"There is no dingo, John."

"What?"

"I said there is no dingo."

"There is no dingo? What're you doing, pulling some Matrix-y shit on me?"

"No..."

"You're being all Keanu Reeves on me. Wait, let me try. Ahem...whoa.'"

"John, knock it off."

"Whoa."

"John, seriously."

"Where do you think the dingo's hiding?"

"Did you find the key to the liquor cabinet or something?"

"Maybe he went back to Australia. Or New Zealand. Wherever dingos are from."

"I can seriously smell the whiskey on your breath."

"We've got to solve this! Quick! Look for airplane ticket stubs!"

"I never thought someone could be so coherent while so drunk..."

"Did you find anything?"

"...Sorry. What?"

"Did you find anything?"

"No."

"You didn't even look!"

"Go to sleep, John."

"Fine. But I'm going to use your pillow. I drooled on mine."

"Don't touch my pillow."

"C'mon."

"No."

"Please?"

"No."

"Please?"

"No."

"Please?"

"No!"

" 'Kay. But if you find any dingos, tell me. I swore I saw one."

"I'm sure you did, John."

"...Hey, Aaron."

"What."

"Whoa."

The prompt for this week's Storyteller was provided by Chris Aichler.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Freeform Friday: RSD

Today's OneWord: Statues