Tonight's Poet Corner: Introspection/Sonnet Solstice #24

In honor of my nine month-i-versary with my girlfriend, I decided to delay the sonnet usually meant for Thursday for today. And no, it is totally not an excuse for accidentally missing Sonnet Solstice yesterday.

...Ahem.

Nine Months
by Belinda Roddie

Nine months of reverie and happy dreams,
nine months of my heart playing symphonies.
Nine months past, we both say so jokingly,
"We have reached the end of the pregnancy!"
Humor aside, mo chuisle, you have made
me happier than I have ever been,
and though I must depart within a day,
I cannot wait to see you yet again.
Your smile, your laugh, your hair of reddish gold,
your eyes transfix me with their bright blue charm.
I do not care for people's judgment (c)old -
I do not care should our love cause alarm.
Because our love is pure and it is true,
so here's to many more sweet months with you.

I love you, Arden.

Have a great night and a great weekend, everyone.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Freeform Friday: RSD

Today's OneWord: Statues