Saturday's Storyteller: "Every day should be cheesecake day."

by Belinda Roddie

"Every day should be cheesecake day."

"Good God..."

"Every day, man. For real."

"Did cheesecake really have to be your go-to for when you've had half a bottle of Jameson?"

"Dude, it's Turtle Cheesecake, too! Like, legitimate. You want a slice?"

"No, John. I don't."

"Missing out."

"You know, most people are cheaper when it comes to alcohol-induced hunger. They go for potato chips, pizza..."

"Nah, man, I'm tired of pizza."

"Even a cold leg of chicken if there are leftovers in the fridge. But cheesecake? Really?"

"You know they have this, like...this, like...variant of cheesecake in St. Louis called gooey butter cake?"

"Now what might that be, John?"

"It's like...regular cake...but with a cheesecake top. It's like...double cake."

"Not really."

"Super cake!"

"Sounds like diabetes to me."

"Then diabetes is delicious, dude."

"You know, for someone who can rattle off stupid trivia even when hammered, you still can be pretty stupid."

"And yet you still love me."

"I don't love you."

"C'mon, you can kiss me."

"No. You smell like death."

"Is that the only reason?"

"The stubble doesn't help, either!"

"So I should shave?"

"No! No, John! That's not what I meant!"

"C'mooooooon. Get the whipped cream out. You can eat cheesecake off my bare a - "

"Whoa, whoa, whoa!"

"What? You want the full frontal instead?"

"No!"

"Someone's playing hard to get."


"I am not listening to this."

"Kissy kissy, Aaron!"

"La la la la la, I am closing my door now."


"You know you want my cheesecake in your mouth."

"Door is closed."

"...Aaron."


"WHAT."

"Next time, we should get Boston Cream."


This week's prompt was provided by Arden Kilzer.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Freeform Friday: RSD

Today's OneWord: Statues