Tonight's Poet Corner: Introspection

With the end of the school year, I find myself thrown once again into the chaotic whirlwinds that is "What now?" While I do have a summer teaching gig, it is for less than a month, leaving me with enormous chunks of time where I am unemployed. Therefore, it's back to job hunting - a journey I never like retaking, but it is still a necessity in my current predicament.

I will admit that I enjoy my part-time teaching job currently - but my situation is not enough for me to have my apartment, drive my own car, or pay my own bills and groceries. Seriously. You know how many bills I'm going to have to pay off? Freaking technology...(grumble) cellphones...(grumble) wireless internet...

What I look forward to the most, despite all the messiness of my career path, is seeing my résumé flourish. No longer am I simply the college student who had a few brief temporary gigs at the school district office or the local retail store. I am legitimately a working citizen of my country. And oddly enough, it feels good. Really good.

It is far too easy to be caught up in the luxuries that surround me where I live now...with my parents. Yes, back to the years of adolescence, where I don't even feel like washing the dishes again. It's a strange regression of behavior and mentality, and it's something I fully intend to avoid. Too many people wind up in a hole they've dug themselves in at home, surrounded by video game consoles and seven different varieties of snack foods (plus fourteen different types of salsa, dips, and guacamole). In short, no matter how out there it sounds - I want to become a full-fledged adult.

All while still writing.

God help me.

Writer's Quotation of the Night:

Writing is my time machine, takes me to the precise time and place I belong.
- Jeb Dickerson

Have a great night and a great, productive week, everyone.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Freeform Friday: RSD

Today's OneWord: Statues