Tonight's Poet Corner: Introspection

Today was my last day working as a summer instructional assistant. While of course getting time off seems fun, it's obviously not realistic of me to live on my own with brief, temporary gigs of work (or work with very few hours a day).

For now, I've snagged three interviews for educational jobs that provide far more hours than my current one. As much as I'd like to keep the job I have in order to show off more months of consistent tenure on my résumé, I know that I have to move forward and do what's best for my economic situation. Obviously, I am good at this job. I am good at teaching, I am good at assisting, and I am good at supervising. And that's something I can thrive on.

Of course, who knows if these interviews will be fruitful. But I'm an adult now. This are the challenges I have to face daily.

Since this summer job, despite not being any more than seven hours a day, was pretty darn stressful, I'm going to use this time to job hunt and also to relax and enjoy the rest of my summer. My girlfriend will be visiting again in August, and I'm looking forward to focusing more on my writing. I have been able to write five episodes of a TV/webseries script that I've been juggling on paper and in my head for months - and shockingly (at least to me), it's coming together really well. Will this writing project actually become a film or TV project? Well, we'll see.

So while one thing wraps up, several other things pop up. Opportunities, ideas, plans, projects, and what not. Pretty typical, huh?

Writer's Quotation of the Night:

Don't use words too big for the subject. Don't say 'infinitely' when you mean 'very;' otherwise you'll have no word left when you want to talk about something really infinite.
- C.S. Lewis

Have a great night and a great weekend, everyone.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Freeform Friday: RSD

Today's OneWord: Statues