Tonight's Poet Corner: Introspection

Wow, it's been quite a week. My first week of work with AmeriCorps, to be specific.

Honestly, I'm pretty worn out from nine-hour days, so I'm just going to cut to the chase: The literacy program has not started yet, so I got to spend time with kindergarteners. Yep, that's right. The kindergarteners who are so adorable yet so wacky at the same time. It was such a tremendous shift of environment compared to my other teaching experiences, because as a kindergarten teacher, you work from an entirely different level. I gotta say, though, it was fun and fulfilling.

Next week, it'll be time to support the second grade teachers at my assigned school. I'll be creating lesson plans for the literacy program, and I've already started collecting books for the year to do for read-alouds and discussions. This GIRLSmart program is extremely intense and a bit overwhelming, but I'm not afraid. Stressed, maybe, but not afraid. And I'm definitely enthusiastic about it.

I mean, I'm teaching and promoting reading and writing. That's pretty awesome.

But yes, I am tired. Very tired. So much so that typing is actually kind of laborious. I'll get accustomed to my busy schedule soon enough. But for now, three day weekend! Whee!

Writer's Quotation of the Night:

I want to write books that unlock the traffic jam in everybody's head.
- John Updike

Have a great night and a great weekend, everyone.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Freeform Friday: RSD