Tonight's Poet Corner: Introspection

It's going to be one of those bullet point nights, isn't it?

- I started a temporary job scoring tests. I really can't say much else about it because what I'm working on is strictly confidential. They literally said, "Don't blog about it." So I won't. I can follow rules just fine.

- I'm still job hunting, trying to get back on my feet. The company I'm at temporarily is very considerate of my efforts to find full-time work. The staff is very supportive, and I'm grateful for that.

- Plans are moving along in terms of many things. First of all, my girlfriend got hired at an optometry office in San Anselmo, so that's awesome. We're looking at apartments now, which is stressful but still somewhat awesome. My main concern, of course, is finding permanent work by the time we move anywhere, but at least I'm employed for now, and we'll see what happens.

- Finally wrote Chapter Eight of my latest novel. Did I mention that already? I don't know. It's hard to keep track sometimes. I've also been developing an idea for a children's book series. Stay tuned for that brainsplosion.

And that's it, really. It's really a lot of getting up from my latest tumble and dusting myself off. It's been a tough couple of weeks for me, especially mood-wise, so I'm working very hard to get back to my old self. Again. This happens way more often than it should, doesn't it? Yay for being an overly emotional artistically minded individual!

Writer's Quotation of the Night:

Here is a lesson in creative writing. First rule: Do not use semicolons. They are transvestite hermaphrodites representing absolutely nothing. All they do is show you've been to college.
- Kurt Vonnegut

Have a great night and a great weekend, everyone.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Freeform Friday: RSD

Today's OneWord: Statues