Tonight's Poet Corner: Aquamarine Dreams

Aquamarine Dreams
by Belinda Roddie

March was kind to me, the winds
whispering stories to me as I walked
with a pocket full of pebbles. It gave me
sheen for those stones, and they became
the blue beauties that we see now.

Blue and silver modesty does wonders
on a slim finger. It is a fashion. It is a
symbol. A blessing. A promise.

You told me I could never have the ring back.

That it was yours now, and I was happy,
more than happy, to let you keep it. March
was kind to me, and May still kinder, the evening
warmth settling into my nervous bones as I asked

the question, and you gave me the answer I had
always desired. And my dreams, like
the rocks crumbling in my jeans,
crystallized. And
brightened. And became aquamarines.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Freeform Friday: RSD

Today's OneWord: Statues