Tonight's Poet Corner: Passive Aggressive Note

Passive Aggressive Note
by Belinda Roddie

It's okay that you didn't try
to leave a goodbye for me when I
planned a farewell for you. I'll cope
with the lack of verbal beauty from
my divan, soaked to its velvet skin
with rum and lemon lime soda spilled
from an unforgiving glass.

I'm fine with the fact that you packed
two suitcases instead of one, thereby
stealing from my closet, something
I could not humbly request back without
the typical camaradarie of awkward
exchanges over very cold coffee.

I'll deal with it.
I have no choice.
In the end, I'm left with cleaning
the couch with a wipe, smelling
alcohol in every direction. Praying
for sanity. Praying for peace.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Freeform Friday: RSD

Today's OneWord: Statues