Tonight's Poet Corner: Sonnet Solstice #150

I See The World Ending
by Belinda Roddie

I see the world ending. I know it's near,
with every lightning bolt that leaves a scar
across the land. The evidence is clear,
and not much strategy will get us far
from that. I've seen cities flooded, submerged
under Poseidon's salty wrath. I've watched
flames spread through trees and fields slowly diverge
into split roads from earthquakes. People clutch
their loved ones on their roofs, singing their last
songs. Prayers tenfold, like rain, endlessly pour
as we see futures disappear and pasts
seem much more golden than ever before.
And when it's done, the sunlight will go gray,
and all shall fade, and all shall fade away.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Freeform Friday: RSD

Today's OneWord: Statues