Tonight's Poet Corner: Introspection

Another busy and productive week in the can. Got to get my students to pick out books and discuss what makes a good book or a bad book. Developing my Slaughterhouse Five unit has been quite revealing and educational, thanks to one of my amazing mentor teachers. The students seem to be respecting me more and more and asking me questions with the idea that I know how to answer them. That being said, I'm not getting cocky; I'm still letting them know how much I'm learning, just like they are.

My work at my private school job has been enjoyable, as usual, so not much to say about that except that it's always nice to see my students succeed. Wedding planning is a bit touch and go right now; tomorrow, I will be going to a suit fitting at St. Harridan, which is a store that specializes in masculine clothing for women and trans men (or anyone else who's not cis male, so the binary is utterly annihilated!). I'm pretty nervous about it, but I hope I wind up with something wonderful that I can wear not just at my wedding, but beyond it.

Tonight, my fiancée and I went to see a world premiere of a play called Of Serpents and Sea Spray (which my sister was called back for, but she couldn't make it to the callbacks because she was moving to Philadelphia), and it was, how do I put this...freaking excellent. Really one of the best theatrical depictions of childhood trauma and escapism that I have seen in a long time. Phenomenal actors, wonderful set and costume design, tremendous writing - it's definitely worth it. If you're in or around San Francisco, check out Custom Made Theatre and the show by clicking this right here. I highly recommend it.

All in all, today was really nice compared to the utter chaos that's been happening in the world lately. Not only did we see David Bowie, Alan Rickman, Brian Bedford, and David Haggerty all die in the same week - we also still have a certain orange bastard, whose last name rhymes with Rump, still being seen as a potential president! 2016 has started on the wrong foot, so here's hoping things change for the better as the months progress.

Okay! I'm going to help my fiancée memorize lines for her show, enjoy a hot chocolate that she lovingly made for me, and get ready for a simultaneously relaxing and productive three-day weekend. I'm hoping to tackle the registry for the wedding as well, so we'll see what happens, given my fiancée's rehearsal schedules.

Have a great night and a great weekend, everyone.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Freeform Friday: RSD

Today's OneWord: Statues