Tonight's Poet Corner: Introspection

This week has been a week of adaptation. I have had to adapt to lesson plans, filming, working with students at both my student teaching site and private school, schedules, wedding plans, and other such things.

I have had many positive things happen in my week, but other things make me wary. I'm worried about falling behind in my classwork, and I have had to deal with hiccups in my process of obtaining my credential. Apparently, I still have to take a Constitution test despite taking AP U.S. History. Joy and jubilation.

Next week is going to be a huge test of endurance, patience, and confidence. I will be filmed for PACT next week, to name the biggest thing. I know I can do this, and I know I can handle my class. But God, sometimes I wish certain things would be easier or just change.

I wish the political climate would be less hostile and cruel and violent. I wish the world weren't bubbling like an overheated cauldron. I wish I could travel to New Zealand with my fiancée and attend her cousin's wedding with her. I wish I could already have my credential, and that I could easily choose what my future would be without doubting everything.

Life, unfortunately, is not that simple. And I think I'll need to sleep tonight before I tackle a lot of things that I need to finish or that I'm anxious about.

Have a great night and a great weekend, everyone.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Freeform Friday: RSD

Today's OneWord: Statues