Tonight's Poet Corner: Anxiety Attack

Anxiety Attack
by Belinda Roddie

My breath feels sticky, like thick,
unyielding medicine served to me
in a copper spoon - cold, yet warm
at the same time. It chills my throat,
but it heats up my head with dying stars.

Maybe I should lie down for a bit - stop
imagining running away, packing
a suitcase full of stories that meant
something to me before, but now feel
so damn heavy beneath black canvas.

Once my head stops spinning, I'll take
a walk, feel the breeze, try to remember
that they can't take everything away from me.
Not if I steal a boat and claim the ocean as
my kingdom. Not if I head to the mountains
and build a cabin out of old dreams. Not if I
bury my face into my pillow and wash the
fabric with my tears and screams.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Freeform Friday: RSD

Today's OneWord: Statues