Tonight's Poet Corner: Introspection

This week, I officially completed my student teaching at Sir Francis Drake High. I said goodbye to many of my students, congratulated a handful of them at their graduation ceremony today, and walked into one of my classrooms for the last time to see some lovely farewell notes from one of my mentor teachers.

Leaving Drake was the epitome of bittersweet. While I'm excited to be moving on from that chapter of my life, I worked with some amazing individuals in my classes. My students all had tremendous talents and insights on the world, and each one had a personality that I admired. We laughed a lot, we discussed a lot, we wrote a lot, we read a lot, and most of all, we all learned a lot. I am so grateful for the opportunity to know them, and who knows, maybe some of them will try to stalk me on social media. As one student of mine quipped, "#findroddie!"

While I'm attempting to wrap up all the little nitty gritty details for my teaching credential and trying to become full-time at my private school teaching job, I also try to keep the memories of my student teaching. I could not have asked for a better and more fulfilling experience. Thank you to my mentor teachers. Thank you to my students. Thank you to my professors and colleagues. Thank you to my family, friends, and loved ones.

I'm going to be a damn good teacher, and I promise that, even if I can't change the world, I'll do everything my power to make it just a little more educated and enlightened.

Have a great night and a great weekend, everyone.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Freeform Friday: RSD

Today's OneWord: Statues