Tonight's Poet Corner: You Didn't Kiss Me

You Didn't Kiss Me
by Belinda Roddie

Last night, you didn't kiss me -
you teased me, so I got all excited.
I was like a flame that you just ignited,
but you didn't stick around to put me out.
I'm dangerous when I'm not extinguished.

Last night, you didn't touch me -
my skin turned gray from the lack of contact.
I don't think that you understand the impact
that you've made on my poor, deprived body.
I'm itching for some sensory overload.

I hope today, you'll offer a caress
in the morning before we both get dressed.
I'd hate to go to work without a proper
goodbye, and I'm not one to give
without any reciprocation.

Last night, you didn't kiss me -
you said I simply didn't deserve it.
I didn't think I'd ever have to earn it,
but I guess I've been a right bastard,
only good at setting my own hair on fire.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Freeform Friday: RSD

Today's OneWord: Statues