Saturday's Storyteller: "Pickles."

by Belinda Roddie

"Pickles."

"...What?"

"Pickles."

"...Okay."

"I want pickles, dude!"

"So go get some."

"We don't have any!"

"Go to the store, then."

"I can't drive!"

"Try walking. It's good for you."

"I can't walk straight right now!"

"You can't even think straight."

"C'moooooon."

"John. I know you've had a few martinis. This James Bond marathon was a good idea."

"Right?! But no shaken martinis. Only stirred."

"Okay, and now you want pickles. So get up, leave the apartment, go down a block, and grab a jar at the grocery store. Simple."

"Cardio sounds awful right nooooooow."

"Well, I'm sure as Hell not driving you."

"What?! Why not?!"

"'Cause I've been drinking, too, dude! I like martinis just as much as you do!"

"God. Fine. You and your responsibility and such."

"Yeah. 'Cause driving drunk is the worst idea ever."

"I know."

"I could kill someone."

"I know."

"We could both die."

"I know, Aaron."

"A horrible and painful death!"

"Jesus! Dude! Okay! I get it!"

"Okay. Good."

"..."

"..."

"..."

"..."

"So will you at least walk with me to get pickles?"

"C'mon, man. You're a big boy."

"I will literally faceplant as soon as I get off that couch."

"Sober up a bit. Then go get pickles."

"But I'm hungry!"

"You gotta man up and do things on your own!"

"Nope. Too hard. Carry me."

"No."

"Let me jump on your shoulders as we embark on an adventure to the grocery store!"

"Then I'll faceplant!"

"Go, my noble steed!"

"Don't say it."

"I want to ride you!"

"All right! That's it! No pickles!"

"No pickles?"

"Denied!"

"Awwww."

"..."

"..."

"...You can still have pickles."

"Yay."

"But I'm not going out like this."

"Neither am I."

"..."

"..."

"...Snuggle, then?"

"C'mere, Mr. Big Boy."

This week's prompt was provided by Arden Roddie.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Freeform Friday: RSD

Today's OneWord: Statues