Tonight's Poet Corner: Introspection

Wow.

My sister's wedding was incredible. Deadline Week was not.

Things are better, but they're also worse. The defensiveness. The attitude. The inability to follow through. I got good advice from someone I consider a mentor, but I have to wonder if I'm going to see repeats of last year.

As in moments in which I'll have to step in. Moments in which I'll be the one creating this book. Writing it. Completing it.

I'd rather write and complete my original work. I want to publish my novel. I want to finish my latest play. My latest episode of Goza.

I want my viewership to return to this blog. It's heartbreaking to see how far it's fallen.

In a time in which I felt like I was moving up and building up. Now everything's feels like it's deconstructing. Dismantling. All done by invisible hands.

Not my hands.

Can I get a reprieve, please?

Can I just get a single reprieve?

...Wow, that was mopey. Time to go to bed.

Have a great night and a great weekend, everyone.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Freeform Friday: RSD

Today's OneWord: Statues