Tonight's Poet Corner: Introspection

I made a big decision this week.

It's a decision that will affect a lot of things. It will affect my job. It will affect my relationships. It will affect my schedule and my energy and my time. It will cause confusion and a lot of questions. I'm sure there might be skepticism - maybe even backlash.

And it's the best decision I've made in a while.

I'm prepared to face the consequences of that choice. It was one of the hardest ones I've ever had to make, but I had a lot of support from mentors, family, and loved ones. I am hoping that the most important people will accept that choice, though despite what my anxiety wants, I've never been one to accurately predict the future.

I'm not going to clarify what that decision is right now - after all, I'm known for being vague when I can swing it. Ultimately, I don't want to post it until everyone who should know knows. And that means you may not learn what that decision is for months - if you happen to care about it.

So sit tight, folks. All will be revealed in due time.

Meanwhile, the performance poetry unit has started with a bang in my English classes. I'm once again writing a bunch of performance poetry and having to save it for later Poet Corners. I actually have a performance poet coming into my classes on both Monday and Tuesday, which is awesome. I'm enjoying teaching English a lot more this year, and I feel like I'm finally adjusting to the school and its student body and environment.

Keep rooting for me, lovelies. I made it through the first week of the second semester - Allon-sy!

Meanwhile, tomorrow I'll be collaborating with a friend and some creative projects, which is something I want to do more of. In the end, it all comes down to writing, and maybe I'll be able to act more, too. I love being able to do more in terms of my passions and interests. I think that's what I've needed more of, overall. And I hope you all can indulge in your passions and hobbies, too.

Have a great night and a great weekend, everyone.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Freeform Friday: RSD

Today's OneWord: Statues