Tonight's Poet Corner: Introspection

Okay, so I'm technically writing this past midnight on the 22nd, but that's only because I was out for several hours for my birthday celebration. So, the deets:

- I turned thirty years old today.
- I got lovely gifts from my parents, in-laws, wife, siblings, and friends.
- I got Starbucks with the wifey and enjoyed the weather.
- I met up with my brother and a friend, and we played Cards Against Humanity and watched Youtube videos.
- We then went to Scandia to play arcade games and miniature golf - my team's name was the Party Dudes.
- Afterwards, we made it to Buffalo Wild Wings, and I felt so bad that there was confusion with our reservation, but it all worked out. Good food, good drinks, good company.
- Binx was annoyed that we were gone for so long, but hey, we fed him and cuddled with him, so yeah.

I don't feel any different, obviously. But I am grateful for seeing so many amazing friends, especially ones I haven't hung out with in a while, in one place. It was truly a night of fun and joy and laughter and comfort. And it gave me high hopes.

I hope that my thirties are productive and fulfilling. I hope I grow more as an individual, develop new skills, and hone my already existing abilities to help me in both my career and personal life. I hope I get to see friends both new and old, as well as continue to be a good wife and pet owner.

Tomorrow, one of my best friends will be traveling to my hometown with me and my wife to celebrate my birthday with family. And I'm going to enjoy every minute. No anxiety. No rumination. Just being in the moment. That's something I want more than ever.

To being thirty.

Let's do this, motherfucker.

Have a great night and a great weekend, everyone.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Freeform Friday: RSD

Today's OneWord: Statues