Tonight's Poet Corner: Introspection

So. What did I do since my last introspection?

I spent hours with a great friend of mine and my wife, drinking wine and shooting the shit.

I went on a bike ride with my mom.

I played a lot of Heroes of the Storm

I did some editing work for a friend.

I got to see some former students of mine at the Farmer's Market.

And I went mini-golfing for free with the wifey.

Did I do a lot of teacher work? No. Did I do a lot of writing? No. And I'm learning to forgive myself for that.

I have a nasty habit of doing a bunch of stuff at once and then just crashing. It's part of the reason why I have swollen feet (which I could have very well sprained after that harsh day at the gym; I'ma see a doctor about them soon). So I have to remind myself that a little bit of work, and then a little bit of rest? That's fine. I'm allowed that. I have my own subjective idea of when the work I do is enough, and it's not just societal expectations. It's my expectations.

I've always been super hard on myself, and that probably won't change. But in the end, work will get done. And I'll get to relax this summer, too, sans the guilt.

Have a great night and a great weekend, everyone.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Freeform Friday: RSD

Today's OneWord: Statues