Saturday's Storyteller: "Oh, shit, man, doesn't that hurt?"

by Belinda Roddie

"Oh, shit, man, doesn't that hurt?"

"I'm fine."

"C'mon, babe, lemme check it."

"I'm fine."

"Dude."

"What?!"

"Let me look at it."

"Ugh. Fine."

"..."

"...What?"

"You look really pale, John."

"Yeah, well, I don't like blood. You know that."

"I get it."

"No, you don't."

"I do! Remember when I told you about that compound fracture I got when I was fifteen?"

"...Right. When you were snowboarding?"

"Yeah. Red snow everywhere. I fainted. Luckily, my dad got me back to the lodge before hypothermia kicked my ass."

"...Least it makes sense."

"What makes sense?"

"A snowboarding accident."

"As opposed to...?"

"As opposed to me breaking a nail like a fucking pussy?"

"Oh, John."

"What?!"

"John."

"Don't, 'Oh, John,' me! I don't need pity!"

"I'm not pitying you! It's just...broken nails hurt, dude."

"..."

"Seriously. Like, my sister, Julia. She broke the nail on her index finger two months ago. Like, damn near the cuticle. And it hurt, man. She was crying, it hurt so bad."

"...Really?"

"Really."

"So...I'm not being a sissy?"

"No, babe. Not at all."

"...Okay."

"Okay?"

"Okay."

"Just be more careful with the car door next time, all right?"

"I knew I should've repainted my nails last night. I knew it."

"Why? Would it have made it stronger?"

"Clearly, your cosmetology skills are lacking, my young padawan."

"All right, you little bitch. No more bragging."

"Sorry."

"There. Bandaid work okay?"

"...Yeah. Thanks, love."

"And what are we gonna do next time?"

"..."

"John? What are we gonna do next time?"

"...Not be in such a hurry to unlock the door?"

"Not be in such a hurry to unlock the door. Good boy. A plus."

"Patronizing prick."

"Asshole."

"I do like your prick, though."

"Let's not get too dirty, okay? Not after seeing all that blood."

"Fair."

"..."

"...Thanks, Aaron."

"You owe me."

"Does a kiss work?"

"Yeah. And then some."

"...Aaron?"

"Yeah, John?"

"...I love you so much. You know that, right?"

"...Yeah. And I love you, too. More than anything."

"...Awwww! You can be sappy, too!"

"Don't rub it in!"

"Bring me some Glenlivet, babe!"

"All right."

"Numb the pain so all I feel is looooove, babeh!"

"Just don't go too crazy, okay?"

"No promises!"

This week's prompt was provided by Arden Roddie.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Freeform Friday: RSD

Today's OneWord: Statues