Tonight's Poet Corner: Introspection

Today's National Coming Out Day. That means...


Beyond that, however? It's been a lot.

I've still developing so much as an educator. Trying to be consistent with procedures and expectations is really tough, especially when you're dealing with students with a lot of personality and a lot of hardships. The school I'm working at now is structured like I have to move double time; just when I just I could relax, I'm exhausted. It's a good kind of exhaustion most of the time, don't get me wrong. But I do sometimes worry I may burn out.

So I'm doing my best to take care of myself. My eating schedule hasn't always been stellar, but I'm working on it. My sleep schedule? Meh. I try to get planning done quickly, especially since I get help and materials from my amazing colleagues. Sometimes it works, sometimes not. Sometimes I grade quickly, and sometimes I drop the ball. I'm just pushing forward.

In other news, I do feel like I'm getting a lot done and enjoying myself quite a bit. This week was my third anniversary with the wifey, so we got some lovely filet mignon to celebrate tolerating each other in married life. I hosted my own cross-curricular meeting about alignment and cross-curricular expectations for reading and writing. I got to get rainbow stickers plastered all over me today in the high school quad. And - which is really exciting - I have an idea for my next novel.

This idea was inspired by a decent review from someone who read my book [Insert Self-Discovery Here], only one comment struck me: They claimed my story did not have an HEA, which stands for Happily Ever After. I was like...really? Did they read the same book I wrote? It got me researching the romance literature community, and, well...let's just say I learned a lot!

So I do want to try NaNoWriMo again this year. I know the last time I won was in 2014, five years ago, and an attempt to do it in 2016 was foiled by my reaction to the presidential election. But I'm going to try again. If I can balance my work time and my free time properly, I think I can get to at least 50,000 to 60,000 words.

So stay tuned! I'll update y'all as November approaches. For now, however, I want to look after both my physical and mental health. As much as my anxiety has improved, I'm still having random episodes, some depressive as well. I think it boils down to how hard I'm working, but I have to be careful. Move forward, but maintain self-care. I'll make it work.

You take care of yourselves, too, lovelies.

Have a great night and a great weekend.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Freeform Friday: RSD