Tonight's Poet Corner: Introspection

Here's the thing, folks: I actually have a lot to say. I do. Not bad things, either. I could share a lot of retrospective and introspective thoughts about the first two months of teaching at my new high school: how I've learned a lot, experimented a lot with my methods, tried to balance out discipline with respect and acknowledged without being walked all over. I could type frantically about my emotional and physical state, my social situation among my colleagues and friends, my mood, my writing progress while also moving double time in order to cram a year's worth of English curricula into a single semester. There is a lot.

I just...don't have the energy to talk about it. Not because I don't want to, but because I just don't have the mental capacity to write stuff out. I am just so, so tired. If sleep is for the weak, then I am a total wuss and proud of it.

I know - that's not the first time I've used that excuse. But I do have a back-up plan.

So...ahem. Wifey? Darling? Light of my life?

***

I think this is the first time I've done a guest introspection while we've been home. Usually, I'll fill in because we're traveling or something, but it's  just a normal Friday night here in the Cardboard House.

So, uh, yeah. Being an adult is hard. You have to do things, and then keep doing them. Over and over. It's like, I just did the dishes two days ago, what do you mean there are more dishes to do??? I already vaccuumed the house this month, why do I have to do it again?? Laundry???? What????? Like, I didn't sign up for this! Ugh!

I've taken a part-time babysitting job recently watching our little cousins (Belinda's cousin's kids), and while it does reinforce that I definitely want kids, it's also making me miss the days when other people would make me food all the time and my biggest problem was having a baby sister who took away attention from me. Those were the days.

(On the other hand, now that I'm a grownup I can go to the store and buy ice cream for dinner whenever I want, so take that, Mom!)

((On the other other hand, being a grownup also means I know I shouldn't do that, so I guess you win this time, Mom...))

Have a great night and a great weekend, everyone.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Freeform Friday: RSD