Tonight's Poet Corner: Introspection

All right! The first week of semester 2 is over. I gotta say, it's definitely an interesting experience to have entirely new classes after only a few months. I'm working with sophomores and freshmen, and thank goodness that the sophomore classes are smaller.

So after all that unnecessary drama last week, here's some positive stuff I got to hear from people!

- I had more than one student tell me they really enjoy my English classes so far.
- I was actually called intimidating by a freshman! It was kind of adorable, because I feel like I look like a cinnamon roll and am actually a cinnamon roll.
- One of my seniors came in because he had been sick for a while just to thank me for a great class. I practically melted.
- One of my coworkers called me cute and their "fave." Aaaaaahhhh! I love being loved!
- That same coworker also told me they thought I had a good balance when it came to being a teacher and handling both the needs of peers and students at the same time. I try - that "professional fire" I spit is very real.

So yeah, I've had a lot of positive feedback, even after finding out who the anonymous naysayer was (and I can't say I was surprised!). Goes to show that even though I'm not everyone's favorite flavor, I work my butt off to make people learn and enjoy themselves.

In other news, tomorrow is my amazing dad's birthday! We'll be able to celebrate, and I'm so stoked to spend more time with my family. I consider myself very lucky to have parents and siblings whom I love with all my heart. And hey, I'm training for a bicycle race, so I get to keep riding, too.

Anyway. I'm in need of sleep, as waking up at six AM to commute is never fun. Have a great night and a great weekend, everyone!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Freeform Friday: RSD

Today's OneWord: Statues