Freeform Friday: I Was, Or I Wasn't

I Was, Or I Wasn't
by Belinda Roddie

I wasn't RIF'd earlier this week -
or maybe I was. Might still be.
I don't know.

Thought I could write something
new in my novel lately.
Or maybe I didn't.
Either way, I couldn't.

Kid shared a rather insensitive
presentation in my class today, and I
was foolish enough to let him do it.
Or maybe I was just caught off guard.
Or maybe neither. I don't know.

I was told not to guilt about it,
or else I'd be written up.
Funny joke.
Hah, hah, hah.

I thought I could protect my students,
help them learn and keep it safe
and hate-free. Maybe I couldn't.
I thought I was making this world better.
Or maybe I wasn't. Or maybe I am.
Or maybe I'm not. I don't know.

Do I know what I'm doing?
Do I know what I'm doing?
Do I know what I'm doing?
Do I know what I'm doing?
Do I know what I'm doing at all?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Freeform Friday: RSD

Today's OneWord: Statues