Freeform Friday: Say It With Me

Say It With Me
by Belinda Roddie

My identity as a queer person is not up for debate.

You may have the right to try to debate my identity.

I, consequently, reserve the right to think you're a bigoted asshole.

I am not obligated to give you a platform for your hate.

I am not obligated to shut up about my identity for your comfort.

You choose to be neutral? I consider you on the side of the oppressor.

You do not get to escape the consequences of problematic ideologies you may have.

If you can't debate a passionate queer person, that's a you problem - not a them problem.

We will not apologize for being passionate about our identities.

We have been bullied, mocked, shamed, ostracized, and murdered for generations.

I don't have time for your request for discourse over my right to live a happy life based on who I am.

Don't like me talking about it? I didn't get to talk about it for almost ten years. Go off to your bubble and feel comfortable there.

And don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Freeform Friday: RSD

Today's OneWord: Statues