Tonight's Poet Corner: Introspection

So. Wow. Okay.

It's 2021. We are still in the middle of a plague. We have a lame duck president and the near entirety of a political party attempting to destroy American democracy. We have friends and family seriously harmed by this year. So it'd be really shitty for me to gloat over my accomplishments.

I could say I survived, but...not everyone did. One in every 1,000 Americans has died from COVID-19. Millions more have lost jobs, loved ones, and livelihoods. How can I be reflective of a year like this?

I guess all I can do is state the facts, with no positive or negative connotation. So here's what I did, in no particular order:

I made it through ten months thus far of remote teaching.

I wrote three short plays and one full act play, all read by the online theatre company I co-founded in March with my sister Jocelyn.

I also participated in over thirty readings with said company I co-founded as an actor.

I celebrated having the best boy, Binxy, who we adopted over a year ago now.

I became obsessed with Animal Crossing: New Horizons.

I turned thirty-one years old.

I gained weight.

I started getting more into drag and costumes.

I started playing Dungeons & Dragons, participating in a homebrew campaign created by my sister.

I created and continue to maintain an active Tiktok account.

I made a lot of new friends online.

I rekindled other friendships as well.

I voted for President Elect Joe Biden and Vice President Elect Kamala Harris.

I bought and moved into my first house with my wife.

I made a lot more mashed potatoes than anticipated.

I slept a lot.

I cried a lot.

I laughed a lot.

...Yeah.

Not sure what else to say except...I hope y'all are okay. And...go easy on us, 2021?

Have a great night and a great weekend, everyone.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Freeform Friday: RSD

Today's OneWord: Statues