Saturday's Storyteller: "Guy walks into a bar and says, 'Ouch.'"

by Belinda Roddie

"Guy walks into a bar and says, 'Ouch.'"

"..."

"Eh? Ehhhh?"

"Are you serious?"

"What?"

"I know five year olds who could come up with better jokes than that."

"Then how about this: A horse walks into a bar and - "

"Ugggggh."

"What?"

"John."

"What?"

"Don't even."

"Why not?"

"I know the punchline."

"...No, you don't."

"Yes, I do."

"No. You don't."

"Wanna bet?"

"I don't have any money."

"Okay. The bartender asks, 'Why the long face?' There. I knew the punchline."

"..."

"..."

"..."

"..."

"...Oh my God."

"What?"

"Oh my God."

"For Christ's sake, what?"

"You're psychic!"

"...Um."

"That is crazy! I was totally gonna say that!"

"It's not being psychic, John. It's just knowing the punchline."

"Yeah, but I didn't say the punchline yet."

"...I - "

"Psychic."

"...Okay, I'm getting a key for the liquor cabinet."

"I'm totally gonna get you on TV!"

"Seriously. A key. And a padlock. Double bolted."

"Hey."

"I mean, I can't believe I even let you..."

"Hey."

"What, John? What could possibly be so important now?"

"...Wanna hear a joke?"

The prompt for this week's Storyteller was provided by Arden Kilzer.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Freeform Friday: RSD

Today's OneWord: Statues