Tonight's Poet Corner: Introspection

This week has been particularly rough. More difficult time with my students. More difficult time getting my work done. Not as inspired. Fighting a cold. Overall anxious about the political landscape. This election is eating me alive mentally.

At least Halloween was good. I was a Hobbit. My name was Bramblerose Brambleburr of Bindale Wood.

Seeing as this was a particularly rough week and today was a particularly rough day, I figured introspection can be brief and rest can be more important at this moment. In the end, I can't have a clear mind without self-care. Soon, I have to really plunge into reality, nose first, and re-surface with something in both my hands. We'll see if an application for a teaching credential program is one of them. Maybe a handful of query letters to publishing houses for my novel. But for now, sleep. Good old-fashioned subconscious state, REM paranoid laced with calm relaxation and oh God I'm so tired I'm getting more poetic I'll stop right now.

Writer's Quotation of the Night:

If you write well, you don't have to dress funny.
- James Dickey

Have a great night and a great weekend, everyone.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Freeform Friday: RSD