Tonight's Poet Corner: Introspection

So I totally didn't almost forget to write this because I was playing video games and solitaire! Eh, heh, heh...eh...yeah...

So, temporary job: It's not bad at all. I really like the people I work with, and we all really get along. The work can be a bit complicated, but it's doable; I just haven't been working very long hours. Hopefully that will be changing next week, so maybe I can work at least six hours a day. Of course, it'll all come down to when the rest of the scorers and I finish up grading this test. We've already completed grading four out of six subtests, and that's in a matter of a week and a half. So much for stretching out this job as long as possible. I guess we're all just too efficient!

Writing: There are now nine chapters in my latest novel. Whenever I have the energy, I pump something out. I think due to the hit in my confidence after my job prospects got weird, it's been difficult to keep myself motivated. I have to really push myself when it comes to job hunting alone, and unfortunately, there's not much out there I'm qualified for. Economic recovery, my foot. Oh, well. I just have to keep truckin'.

Speaking of moving forward, my girlfriend will be officially moving into my parents' place with me, and we'll do some legit apartment hunting together. Obviously, having a permanent job will help matters, as some landlords that my sister and I have already chatted with are huge sticklers for income and job checks. I get that they've been burned in the past, but when your fourplex has been on the market for three weeks, maybe the problem isn't the people coming to check out your place. Maybe it's your potentially being way too vigilant.

It's interesting to be a young adult in a very sour time in regards to money, economy, class divisions, and horribly skewed wealth distribution. Makes me want to slap the face of anyone who claims my generation is lazy, entitled, and self-indulgent. We're not any of those: We're poor and desperate, and we resort to the little, affordable things for comfort. You try out living on a measly income with few opportunities when you've been told all your life that you're worth something. If anyone's selfish, it's the damn older generation.

Whoops, got on my soapbox. I must be tired. In the end, certainly a better week than last week. My battered self-esteem is starting to show some mending, and all in all, I'm appreciating the nicer things occurring or about to occur in my life. I know I sound like a broken record, but I always appreciate good luck wishes and positive vibes. Two years out of college, and I still don't know the meaning of the word "settled."

...Well, I do, but it's out of reach for now. You know what I mean. Bleh.

Writer's Quotation of the Night:

All you have to do is write one true sentence. Write the truest sentence that you know.
- Ernest Hemingway

Have a great night and a great weekend, everyone. Also, happy thirty-third anniversary to my parents. Yay for being in a fruitful, fulfilling marriage!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Freeform Friday: RSD

Today's OneWord: Statues