Tonight's Poet Corner: Introspection

Well, looks like the holiday season is almost here (for me, at least - for retail, it's been here since September). I'm looking forward to seeing family for Thanksgiving, eating a boatload of food, and preparing for the holidays. Due to my huge employee discount at my job, I actually got all of my Christmas shopping done for a lot cheaper than I usually spend. So that's cool.

My girlfriend and I will be spending Christmas together, so that'll be lovely. We already have plans to get a tree and decorate the apartment. For now, of course, it's work as usual, helping sell books and then heading books to play music and write.

I was thinking about this earlier today, but if I were ever asked if I had one thing I'd like to see produced onstage or onscreen, it would be my recently completed miniseries, "Happy Distribution." While my novels are okay, the miniseries is honestly my most personal. It's a big chunk of doubts, reconciliations, attractions, and fears that I've had throughout my adult life so far. Don't worry - I haven't done anything adulterous like the main character has, but the sentimentality of "What ifs" is still there. And I think it's important for people in relationships to see this stuff onscreen.

That, and I already have people in mind for some of the roles. That is, of course, if any of them want to actually play them. Ha!

Anyway, this is a somewhat brief introspection considering my last few, but so far, everything's okay. I'll have enough money to pay rent next month, so that's a solid plus. Not to mention I still really enjoy my job, of course. Ah, well. As Porky Pig would say, "That's all, folks!"

Writer's Quotation of the Night:

My books are water; those of the great geniuses is wine. Everybody drinks water.
- Mark Twain

Have a great night and a great weekend, everyone.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Freeform Friday: RSD

Today's OneWord: Statues