Saturday's Storyteller: "That pony doesn't belong there."

by Belinda Roddie

"That pony doesn't belong there."

"What?"

"That pony does not belong there."

"...What?"

"Jesus Christ, Aaron, I cannot make it any simpler!"

"What pony, John?"

"That one."

"...What pony..."

"That one."

"Wha - "

"That."

"I - "

"One."

"John - "

"On the bookshelf."

"...Okay, see, that helps."

"Duh. What else were you thinking?"

"Well, considering you've downed half a bottle of Pinot Grigio before pointing out a pony...I figured you were hallucinating again."

"...You're talking about the dingo, aren't you."

"I am talking about the dingo."

"Aaron. The toy pony does not belong on the bookshelf."

"Okay."

"It belongs on the DVD shelf."

"Since when do you care?"

"Since my little brother pointed it out to me when he last visited!"

"And since when does he care?"

"Since he gave us the darn thing!"

"John, it's a toy pony!"

"Yeah, and a bro-hoof is just a fist bump. Come on!"

"Dude. I am perfectly okay with your little brother being a brony. But your partaking in said community was not in the lease agreement!"

"I'm not a brony, Aaron. I'm just trying to be respectful of my brother."

"In that case, should I also whip out my Ironman costume and have you wear Master Chief's helmet when he comes back over?"

"I'm being serious here!"

"And I find that incredibly amusing."

"...Just...put the pony toy on the video game shelf. I don't want him whining again."

"God. The kid's now, what, sixteen years old?"

"Seventeen."

"Don't cater to him."

"Sorry. Brother's gotta do what a brother's gotta do."

"For what it's worth, I'm glad you weren't actually talking about a real pony."

"Yeah, whatever."

"There. Pony's moved."

"Thank you."

"No problem."

"..."

"..."

"..."

"You really didn't care about where the pony was in the apartment, did you?"

"Nope! I just like fuckin' with ya."

"Dammit, John!"

"Gotcha! Now I'm off to feed the dingo."

"Shut up!"

This week's prompt was provided by Arden Kilzer.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Freeform Friday: RSD

Today's OneWord: Statues