Tonight's Poet Corner: Wild Children

Wild Children
by Belinda Roddie

There are wolves to be tamed
in these stained glass woods,
where the prophets are frozen in time,
their fragile halos glistening with
the canopy's forgotten rain. I will
offer the hunters a pot of stew
made with the bones of the gods,
so that, when they dine, they are imbued
with a vision that zaps the folly
from their brains and dredges
the fear from their watering eyes.

I am not strong enough to walk
this path of enlightenment alone. If
you hold my hand tightly, I will feel
heat in my stomach strong enough
to light the ground beneath my heels.
When I step, I will skip, and when I
skip, I will dance. And you will
carry me in your choreography. The beasts
will witness the shadows' surrender.
They will follow us to our personal den,
and protect us while we, at long last, sleep.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Freeform Friday: RSD

Today's OneWord: Statues