Tonight's Poet Corner: Introspection

It feels really, really good to meet a yearbook deadline.

Don't get me wrong: There are five more to go, and they don't get any easier. But it feels good to meet the first one, and to get the pages done, and to submit them without much hassle. I have some amazing students and colleagues to thank for that.

My first episode of Deadline Week was a doozy, but I learned so much - not just about design and photography placement, but also about writing in a journalistic way that fits a small amount of space on a spread. In the meantime, I got to see a beautiful dance show and play around with my wife's camera a bit more. Y'all know the saying, but maybe not in full: "A jack of all trades is a master of none, but oftentimes better than a master of one." I think I'm okay with being a poor man's Renaissance...er...person? Individual? Eh, Renaissance man works, too.

This weekend will, luckily, be a time for relaxation due to hard work and dedication. I'll get to spend time with the wifey, a friend, and maybe some family members - we'll see how it all works out. While I won't be participating in NaNoWriMo this year, I'll still be contributing to this blog - especially since now I'm one of the top three submitters to oneword™. Just a few more years, and maybe I'll be number one! Either way, exciting stuff.

So don't worry, folks - this prolific poet and scatterbrained storyteller ain't going away any time soon. As much as teaching is my passion, writing is at my core - and write I shall!

On a final, more random note: I, for one, am enjoying this overcast and occasionally rainy weather. More, more, more!

Have a great night and a great weekend, everyone.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Freeform Friday: RSD

Today's OneWord: Statues