Tonight's Poet Corner: Introspection

It's been a really rough couple of weeks for me, folks.

There's been a lot of negativity at my job. Stressed out students, pissed off yearbook staff. I have been sassed at, yelled at, and disrespected. I have had students cry in front of me, and I myself have fought back tears in front of friends and colleagues.

It has not been a good time. And while I try to be a generally optimistic person at work, it's been nearly impossible given the climate I'm working in.

Not only that, but either 1. No one's reading my blog anymore, or 2. Something's changed in terms of page tracking on Blogger or in the Facebook algorithm. My blog views have absolutely plummeted in the past few days. Now, I know that no matter who's reading my stuff, I will continue to write and post it, but having at least 1,500-2,000 views per month meant a lot to me. I truly felt like people enjoyed my writing and got something out of it. Now? I'm not so sure.

But do you want to know what's surprisingly been a reprieve for me? My sister's wedding, which is happening tomorrow. I've been able to travel to an incredible city that I love, see family and friends, and meet new family and friends. I've been able to explore, eat good food, and partake in good company. I've laughed more in the past couple of days than I have for the entire month. It feels amazing.

And while I know Halloween won't be as big of a deal this year, celebrating my sister's marriage to an amazing man makes it all worthwhile. Eating, drinking, and being merry is something that I've desperately needed - and now I've partaken in that. I know that tomorrow will be an incredible day; I mean, I get to do my first wedding speech ever! I also hope that when I get back to work, I will feel more fulfilled, and my students will be happier and less vindictive toward each other and me.

I can only hope.

Have a great night, my handful of readers, and a wonderful weekend.

Comments

  1. you can do it Belinda! Never Stop Not Writing Nothing! I believe in you. (also try to read your blog more) :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Freeform Friday: RSD

Today's OneWord: Statues